Friday 21 May 2010

this is not very good

Mr Howarth has decided to post a review of the new film Four Lions.  I have not seen the film yet, and it may not appear in our local cinemas in Strasbourg.  I note too that families of victims of the 7/7 murders in London have called for a boycott of the film.  I will never forget that day, as I was there, but will not be supporting a boycott.  Anyway, I will see the film when I can.  But read Mr Howarth's review for yourself.  I did not know whether to be angry, puzzled or contemptuous.  Throughout it Mr Howarth makes the assumption that the entire audience will always be white and non-Muslim.  He even refers to the protagonists as THEY (his capitals).  Most peculiar.  Mr Howarth has lived in Reading for quite a long time, and may even have gone to the cinema there on occasion, I have no idea.  My own quite regular visits to cinemas in Reading revealed that the management of those establishments is quite happy to allow people of the non-white persuasion through their doors.  I never saw a cinema poster that said "Whites only".  Is that what Mr Howarth would like to see?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to watching Four Lions.

Riz Ahmed in Shifty was totally magnificent and Chris Morris is a genius, it's got to be good!

I think Mr. Howarth was trying to frame the humour in a kinda' Chris Rock: Niggers vs. Black people way, but due to his lazy mind and lazy thinking he misses the mark, you are correct to pull him up on this.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of Riz Ahmed's rapping (YouTube Riz MC); personally I think he should stick to acting...

Anonymous said...

Tricky isn't it.

I don't know whether to go and see this hilarious new comedy or wait for 'Stephen Lawrence - the musical'.

Still, J-Ho is certainly down with the kids and no mistake.

Anonymous said...

And what does he mean by a "pHD"? some sort of doctorate in alkalinity? a litmus test of learning? Or did he mean a "PhD", do you think?

Anonymous said...

Perfectly hideous dork.